- 1 Cup Water
- ½ cup turmeric powder
- ¼ cup raw, unrefined, cold-pressed coconut oil
- 1 ½ tsp ground black pepper
Boil the turmeric and water before lowering the heat and simmering until it turns into a paste (this should take 7 to 10 minutes). Add the pepper and oil after it has been removed from heat and cooled down, about 10 minutes later. You can store mixture in glass jar in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Suggested starting dose:
- Small dogs should start with ¼ teaspoon/day
- Medium dogs can start with ½ teaspoon/day
- Large dogs can start with ¾ teaspoon/day
- Giant dogs can start with 1 teaspoon/day
Gradually work up to 1/8 – 1/4 teaspoon/day/10 pounds of weight (which is 1/2 – 1 teaspoon for a 40 pound dog). You can do this over a few weeks.
Tip: Turmeric leaves the body quickly, so it is best to feed
smaller amounts a few times a day